Location of Cologin Chalets and Cottages
View Larger Map
Cologin is less than 3 miles from Oban but to get the most out of your stay in Argyll we recommend that you have access to a car during your visit. To reach us:
- By Car: To reach Oban from the south there are two main routes – both of which pass through beautiful scenery. Choose between the A82 and Loch Lomond or the A83 and Loch Fyne and join the A85 which brings you into Oban from the north!
- By Train: From Glasgow (Queen Street station) the train follows the scenic West Highland Line from Crianlarich direct to Oban station.
- By Plane: Private flights can land at Oban Airport, 5 miles north of Oban at North Connel. A seaplane also has daily flights from Glasgow to Oban Bay.
- By Boat: Access Lerags Glen by sea via Loch Feochan. Landing slip and pontoons at Ardoran Marine, 2 miles from Cologin.
- Car Hire: You can hire cars from Flit Self Drive in Oban.
Once in Oban, take the A816 towards Lochgilphead and turn RIGHT to LERAGS just past Oban Livestock Market. Follow the single track road into Lerags Glen for about ½ mile and turn RIGHT to Cologin and The Barn. The first building you will see as you arrive at Cologin is The Barn – our country pub – this doubles as reception so please check in at the bar!
“Thank you once again for a very enjoyable week at Cologin. This was our biggest group so far with 34 people!”
University of Surrey Sub-Aqua Group