Assisted Wheelchair Access Lodges
Most of the accommodation at Cologin has level access but do let us know if you can’t manage steps or a high door threshold and we’ll make sure you are in an appropriate lodge. We do have lodges that have been built with wheelchair access in mind, however, they are not ideal for those with no mobility and we usually recommend that wheelchair users have an assistant/helper to make the most of their stay at Cologin.
To help you decide if our accommodation will be suitable for your specific needs here are some facts and figures:
- The entrance is at the front with a shallow ramp leading to a door- width 79cm.
- Each bedroom has level access with door widths of 79cm, and a wheelchair is able to approach one side of the bed. The bed rooms have non divan base beds to allow for a portable bed hoist to be used. Beds can be chocked up if required.
- The bathroom has a bath and a shower above it: the door width is 78cm and is a sliding door, which can close with a wheelchair inside. A bath seat is provided and the shower hose is extra long so it can be used whilst sitting. A wheelchair can easily turn round inside the bathroom. Both WC and bath are wheelchair accessible and have handrails and the basin has been positioned so that a wheelchair can fit underneath it.
- The lounge has a level access from the entrance with door widths of 79cm. Armchairs are provided but these are light and easily removed if required. The TV is operated by remote.
- There are no high kitchen cupboards and all sockets are accessible from a wheelchair. The kitchen table has 6 chair (no arms) and we can remove chairs as required.
- The hallway, bathroom and kitchen floors are marmoleum and the living area and bedrooms have fitted carpets. There are no rugs.